Cougar Life is an internet dating site for people who believe that age is just a number when it comes to finding love. In particular, the platform connects mature/older women with younger men. The site describes itself as a place where young men can meet sexy cougars.
Cougar Life was launched in 2006 and is owned by a Canadian company known as Ruby Life Media. According to the site owners, there are over 7 million members worldwide making use of the platform. The site also focuses on eliminating the stigma towards relations between mature women and younger men.
- Private Gallery: Each member has two galleries – one is public and the other private. Any photo you upload to the public gallery is visible to all members, even those who are on a free membership. The pictures in your private gallery can only be viewed by those who you give access.
- Find a Date: The “Find a Date Tonight” icon is on the lower-left corner of your screen. It shows you the members that are looking for dates and on what day. You can ask out any of the members listed there.
- Gifts: You have to buy credits for you to get gifts you can then send to members who have caught your eye. Sending gifts relays a strong message that you are interested in someone. It is an excellent way of breaking the ice and kicking off a conversation.
- Cougar Life Blog: The blog comprises of published content aimed at sensitising people about the stigma associated with cougar dating. On the blog are guides and tips on how to go about dating cougars.
- 1 Month at 49.00 AUD / Month
- 3 Months at 36.00 AUD / Month
- 12 Months at 15.00 AUD / Month
- 1 Month Subscription equals 100 Credits
- 3 Month Subscription equals 500 Credits
- 12 Month Subscription equals 3000 Credits
Ease of Use
Registration for a Cougar Life account should not take you more than five minutes. You just have to submit your account information and personal details. Account information includes preferred username, email address, and password. You can also upload a profile photo while submitting your account info. Verifying your email is the last step in the registration process.
Personal details include your age, location, gender, and physical attributes. You may choose not to submit some of your information, but that might reduce your chances of attracting some attention. You also need to come up with a creative caption that will serve as a greeting to people who visit your profile.
Searching for singles on Cougar Life is quite simple. You can use any of the ordinary search criteria, and some profiles with pop up. The search function is also available on a free account. However, you will need a premium membership for better search filters such as body type.
Premium membership opens up a whole world of possibilities for you. You can send gifts, ask for dates, and message any member. You can send priority mail to any member that interests you, as well as attach some virtual gifts to try and impress them. On a free account, seeking partners is also possible since you can browse profiles and send flirts.
Cougar Life profiles are usually detailed, giving you a clear perspective of the kind of person you’re interacting with. You also get to view full-sized photos of the members you check out, then decide whether you should get in touch with them. Unfortunately, there is a good number of incomplete or half-filled profiles on the site.
We must admit that Cougar Life’s desktop platform didn’t impress us. It has a bright pink theme, with a rustic feel to it. The site is incredibly organised though as all the essential features are within a click’s reach. On the dashboard, you can see the online members, new members, and those who want to go for a date. That makes it easy for you to decide who to get in touch with asap.
You can access Cougar Life from its app platforms by downloading the Android version from the Play Store, and the iOS version from the Apple Store all for free. Both apps are just as exciting and easy to use as the desktop site. With the app, you can keep tabs on your Cougar Life profile and get dates wherever.
Pros and Cons
- Cougar Life is a niche online dating site, with cougar dating being the main business.
- Both the desktop and mobile platforms are user-friendly. Anyone can navigate the site stress-free.
- Millions of singles on the site present you unlimited options. You can keep surfing through the profiles until you find the person you are looking for online.
- Cougar Life is generally secure as issues of spamming and scamming are not rife.
- The available blog will inform you more about cougar dating and how to ignore the stigma surrounding cougar relations.
- Some of the profiles on Cougar Life may be fake since members don’t need to verify their identity.
- You have to pay for essential services. You won’t make any meaningful progress as far as dating is concerned without upgrading to premium membership.
The Bottom Line
If you are curious about cougar dating, Cougar Life is an ideal place to start. Love and affection know no boundaries, and the stigma associated with dating cougars is uncalled for always. We see no reason why you should not find a cougar or young lad of your liking on this platform.
The number of men on the platform is higher than the number of women. If you are a woman looking for a young hunk to pamper, you need to be extra cautious because most of the young gents active on the site are there to feed their curiosity and fantasies. You, therefore, have to be vigilant if you are looking for a lasting relationship.