EliteSingles has been in operation since 2013. Over that period, the site has garnered more than 13 million users globally, with more than 1.5 million users coming from Australia. The majority of the site traffic is from the United States, United Kingdom and Canada.
The majority of the users, up to 80%, have at least a bachelor’s degree. So there are no rooms for games on the site. Even better, the majority of the users are aged between 25 and 50, making for a mature and educated dating crop. Is EliteSingles as good as it claims? Read on for more.
- Compatible Matches: After filling out a questionnaire during signup and answering additional questions, the site filters out members not compatible with you. The site only presents you with a list of members whose personalities match yours. EliteSingles considers temperament, lifestyle habits, hobbies and character when matching people.
- Search Feature: Besides the list of matches the site presents, you can search for more based on several demographics including age, body size, nationality, hobbies, religion and ethnicity.
- Match Recommendations: The “Have You Met” feature presents you with singles you may not have come across during the search.
- Wild Card Matches: Members on a premium account will get 20 new compatible matches based on their personalities.
- Smileys and Questions: The site allows you to send smiles, personalised messages and site-generated questions to your match, igniting a conversation.
- Track Profile Activity: With EliteSingles, you can see who views your profile and who receives your messages.
- Favourites List: You can add members who interest you in your favourites list to check out later.
- Dating Tips Blog: For dating success, once you have found your match, the EliteSingles team employs industry experts and psychologists to offer you dating and relationship tips on their blog.
- Privacy Features: The site uses SSL encryption and a Fraud Detection System, keeping you safe from identity theft. They also have ID authentication and Manual Profile Verification. Even better, the site removes inactive users.
- Premium Light for 3 months at 89.95 AUD / Month
- Premium Classic for 6 months at 54.95 AUD / Month
- Premium Comfort for 12 months at 49.95 AUD / Month
Ease of Use
During signup, you will have to answer a range of questions. Some focus on your physical appearance and your interests. You will also answer a variety of other quizzes, including whether you leave your room cluttered, how patient you are, whether you are conservative, warm or honest, among other personality traits. EliteSingles allows you to upload up to 24 photos. You do not have to add any images to complete your profile. But quality photos increase your chances of being contacted according to the site.
Unlike other dating sites that restrict you to a yes/no answer, you will answer these questions on a scale. Even better, you will answer more questions on the personality traits you need your potential match to have. The personality questionnaire aims at assessing your personality across five dimensions, including:
- Anxiety and temperament
In these five dimensions, you will answer about 115 questions. Psychologists create the questions. The fact is that the personality of a person is contingent on five dimensions, otherwise known as the “Big Five” personality traits. Even though the questions might feel like “too much,” it is advisable that you take time to answer them and ensure the information you provide is accurate if you are to get the right match.
Find a match with ease
The matching algorithm applied to EliteSingles relies on the personality test you take when creating an account. From the analysis, the algorithm identifies more than 29 traits and matches you with members whose qualities match yours and those who would value your personality.
On your dating profile, EliteSingles shows the results of the personality test. You can then add as much information about yourself as you want to appear on the profile. Such information includes hobbies, interests, and much more. If you do not know what to write on your profile, EliteSingles offers expert profile advice to make you stand out.
Communication made easy
Premium members can send and receive as many messages as they have time for always. For starters, you can like a specific part of your match’s profile to ignite a conversation. You can also send five site-generated questions. All the interactions between you and your match are on record in the message area.
You can access EliteSingles through a trial account or a premium account. A free/trial account offers you a chance to try out the site before you commit to a premium package. With the trial account, you can:
- Build your profile including filling out the personality questionnaire
- Upload photos
- Receive match suggestions
- Send smiles, likes and site-generated questions to your matches
- Explore the site
With a trial account, you cannot send personalised messages to your matches. Every day, the site presents you with 3 to 7 matches. If you want to unlock more features, send messages, get more match suggestions and do much more, you need a premium account. A premium account allows you to:
- Send and receive messages to and from your matches
- See clear photos of your matches
- View those who visit your profile
- Comment on your matches’ profile photos
- Get 20 additional date prospects based on your personality
With a premium subscription, you have access to all features on EliteSingles. Features such as “Get Acquainted” allow you to select and send four multiple-choice questions to your matches. If the match is hooked, they will send you five questions as a way of breaking the ice.
Pros and Cons
- You can access different features on a trial version.
- The subscription choices are varied and affordable.
- In-depth personality tests allow the site to connect you to a suitable partner.
- High-grade privacy and safety tools.
- Fast and comprehensive customer support team available via phone, contact form and email.
- The intuitive Android and iOS app connects busy professionals.
- An up-to-date blog offers relationship tips and insights to guarantee your success once you have found your match.
- Does not accommodate singles who just need a casual hookup.
- The lengthy sign-up process takes at least 30 minutes.
- A trial account has minimal features.
The Bottom Line
EliteSingles eliminates the hassle of browsing through hundreds of profiles looking for the perfect partner. For starters, the site guarantees that more than 80% of the members have at least a bachelor’s degree. Again, over 90% of the members are at least 30 years old, creating a no joke dating crop.
If you want to find the perfect partner on-the-go, you can do so on the free-to-download mobile app. Once you have located your match, the site offers you tips and insights on how to keep your relationship going. The site also enhances your safety through SSL encryption, manual profile verification, ID authentication, and a verified Fraud Detection System.
The targeted user base, coupled with the sophisticated matchmaking algorithm, the educated member base and the high-tech mobile app, makes EliteSingles a place to find long term relationships anywhere in the world. If you are a professional with a successful career who hasn’t had any luck in dating, your match might be on EliteSingles.