Finding a partner who shares your values is very important if you hope to build a robust and long-term relationship. Muslima is a dating platform that offers single Muslim men and women the chance to meet their soulmates and form solid relationships based on their shared faith and religious beliefs.
The site, which was established in 2006, currently has over 4.5 million members, making it the largest and most popular Muslim dating platform. Although the site is highly popular with young singles of ages 25 and above, it also caters for older divorcees who are looking for a life-long commitment.
- Messaging: The platform only allows premium members to contact and message other users. However, free members of Muslima can still receive messages from users on the site. The only downside to this is that you won’t be able to view texts from other free users. Instead, you will only see a preview of the info in the inbox.
- Notifications: Members of this platform regularly receive communication via email, web browser notifications and phone messages.
- Photo Gallery: Free users can upload a maximum of five photos on their profile, and they can change their profile pictures at any time depending on their preferences.
- Match Suggestions: The site displays match suggestions using a scroll-down function which does not refresh automatically or update like other popular dating sites such as Tinder.
- Membership Rank: Muslima membership operates on a three-tier rank structure, namely free, gold and platinum. Users who subscribe to platinum are highest in the membership rank, and therefore enjoy certain privileges on the platform. For instance, platinum members rank higher in the profile listings which makes them more visible and increases their chances of finding a perfect match.
- 1 Month at 34.99 AUD / Month
- 3 Months at 23.33 AUD / Month
- 6 Months at 11.67 AUD / Month
- 1 Month at 39.98 AUD / Month
- 3 Months at 26.66 AUD / Month
- 6 Months at 13.33 AUD / Month
Ease of Use
Muslima is available both as a web platform and a mobile app. All the features have been optimised for both platforms, enabling easy access and navigation. The web design is quite simple in comparison to other dating sites, which also makes it highly intuitive and user-friendly.
Sign up process
Although Muslima is fundamentally a dating site dedicated to Muslims, anyone is free to create an account. However, since the platform promotes Muslim marriages, those who intend to use it should be open to the idea of converting to Islam.
Signing up on Muslima is a quick and laid-back process that only takes a few minutes. To create your user account, you will need to provide your details, including name, email address, password, age and gender. Alternatively, you can sign up using your existing Facebook account.
Once you complete the sign-up process, you will redirect to a dashboard where you will be required to input your profile details, including your interests, hobbies, religious preferences and many more. This personal information serves to reveal your personality so that the platform can suggest suitable matches for you.
To receive matches and make contacts, you will have to verify your account. Fortunately, this step is equally fast and easy. Once you have initiated the account verification process, you will receive the verification code on your mobile device, which you will then key in to finalise the process.
Upgrading your account
If you wish to upgrade your account from a free to premium account or from gold to premium and vice versa, you can easily do so by clicking on the “Upgrade Now” button. That will redirect you to a webpage where you can choose the account that you would wish to upgrade to currently.
Safety and security
When it comes to online dating, security is a significant concern for most people. To ensure the safety of its users, Muslima keeps the private information of its members confidential. The platform does not disclose or display any of its users’ details. Only the information that has been made public by the account owners themselves is on display.
Deactivating your account
If you’ve already found some potential matches and wish to deactivate your account temporarily, then worry not. Simply go to your profile settings and select a highlighted button attached to the account deactivation prompt. That will redirect you to another page, where you have to provide some feedback on why you’d like to deactivate your account. Key in your password and confirm it to complete the deactivation process.
Pros and Cons
- It is a reliable and legit site.
- Has both a web platform and mobile app, thus providing convenience and versatility.
- The sign-up process is quick and straightforward.
- It allows free users to contact and message premium members.
- The platform is strict on the confidentiality and privacy of its users.
- You must have a premium membership to gain a high rank in the listings.
- Premium membership prices are higher in comparison to competitor platforms.
The Bottom Line
When it comes to Muslim dating platforms, Muslima stands out as a trailblazer. The website has been operational for close to two decades now, during which it has enabled thousands of people to meet their soulmates and build lasting relationships.
Although you get little features with a free account on this site, the fact that you can still initiate contact with premium members makes it worth the effort. I would, therefore, highly recommend this platform to anyone who is looking for a user-friendly and straightforward match-making website.