We all desire to find someone we can share our lives with. Most times, the means you use to find your better half, who likes you for who you are, do not matter. But given the world we live in, it helps to have a dating platform that allows you to find your significant other without any difficulty.
OkCupid is built for just that. It is an online dating site where you can meet genuine people to connect with. The site promises the best experience for its millions of enthusiastic users worldwide. We decided to look further under the bonnet to find out whether the platform lives up to its reputation.
- Use the Double Take feature to show people you like them: The Double Take is very easy to use. It works as roulette where you swipe the pictures of other users depending on how much fascinating they are. So you can either swipe right if you are interested in them or left if you aren’t.
- Keep tabs on the people you like: If you fancy someone, OkCupid presents you with the means of adding them to your Favourite list. Here, you can message them freely, and they will see on Double Take that you reached out to them.
- See who likes you within the platform: This feature is reserved for premium members. You can look into your Likes tab and see who has an interest in you.
- Highlight your profile using Boost: Boost is a paid feature which highlights your profile by showing it to more members. Your profile will be highlighted for half an hour, increasing the chances of you meeting your potential partner. You can purchase 10 Boost credits for as low as 1.69 USD / Credit.
- Get dating tips and advice from the blog: It is one thing to get an impressive dating website, and it is an entirely different thing to get one that offers quality dating advice. OkCupid has a blog with plenty of content on best dating practices and how to make proper use of the platform to find a life partner. That is aimed at enhancing your overall experience on the site and in life.
- Two different membership plans to choose from: The A-List Basic plan comes with numerous features for users. But the A-List Premium plan is better off in terms of features.
A-List Basic Subscription
- 1 Month at 7.95 USD / Month
- 3 Months at 6.35 USD / Month
- 6 Months at 3.95 USD / Month
A-List Premium Subscription
- 1 Month at 24.90 USD / Month
- 3 Months at 22.90 USD / Month
- 6 Months at 19.90 USD / Month
Ease of Use
The OkCupid site indeed has plenty of great features. So we took some time to find out whether the features were designed with you in mind. Considering that there are millions of users on OkCupid, we also needed to find out how user-friendly the site is.
The signup process is simple
OkCupid seems to have lots of things right, including the signup process. They understand that you are more likely to use the service if signing up is easy. All you need is to provide some necessary information before your account is created. If this is too much for you, you have the option of using Facebook to sign up.
After successfully signing up, you will be given a questionnaire to fill. The quiz will detail everything about you, including your likes and dislikes, sexual orientation, personality traits, and religion. That will make it easier for the OkCupid algorithms to match you with the most suitable members.
Simplistic design for better usability
The first thing you will notice when you visit OkCupid is how simple and neat the interface looks. There is no crowding of icons and buttons. Everything appears to be in the right place. After all, the dating site is intended for people who appreciate the straightforwardness. The Double Take is arguably the most useful feature. It allows you to review your matches so that if you are a free user with limited likes, you can save your likes for better-looking matches.
Use the app for mobile dating
Dating on the go is now a standard feature among many dating platforms thanks to the availability of apps. OkCupid does not fail on this either. They have provided you with a fantastic app for both your iOS and Android devices. The app has no clutter making it easy to use.
You will access all the features on the main site depending on your subscription level. The Double Take feature on the application is way better than the one on the website because it allows you to swipe with a finger. In the event you swipe right, and the compatibility between you and your interest is high, you will see a popup window encouraging you to message them.
Making contact on the app is easy
You can easily send a message to anyone you like through the app. However, the recipient will not be able to see the message if they do not like you back. Additionally, OkCupid has changed the way messaging works such that you are more likely to receive messages from genuine users.
Pros and Cons
- There’s a mobile app available for both iOS and Android devices.
- Core features are accessible free of charge.
- Profiles within the site are very detailed.
- Users can import photos from their social media accounts.
- There’s a personality test for new users.
- All pictures uploaded on OkCupid are public.
- The best messaging features are only available for premium subscribers.
The Bottom Line
Among the more than 50 million singles on OkCupid stands your soul mate unaware that you exist. He or she does not know what kind of a person you are. Or that you are even looking for him or her. That potential partner of yours could be going through plenty of life experiences unaware that one day, they will meet someone who will turn their lives upside down.
All it takes is the right swipe and a simple message to get you two to start talking before chemistry is born. OkCupid could be the bridge between you and the person that will change your life for the better love-wise. All you have to do is sign up for the platform and enjoy the endless possibilities of making friends and finding lovers.