With more than 1.8 million users across the globe, PositiveSingles is arguably the largest dating site for singles living with STDs. Even as the world advances and new technologies come up, people living with STDs are still stigmatised. Instead of wondering when to disclose your STD status to a partner, you can find love or friendship on PositiveSingles without the fear of stigmatisation. This dating platform connects singles living with Herpes, Chlamydia, HIV/AIDS, and many other STDs.
- Send Cards: The site not only connects singles living with an STD but also creates a community where these singles can support each other. From the site, you can send birthday or greeting cards.
- Live Chat and Email: You can reach out to the site’s customer support through Live Chat or Email.
- Winks and Messages: Contacting matches is easy with messages. You can also send winks to start a conversation.
- Advanced Search Features: You can filter matches thanks to the advanced search features. Search for a match based on age, location, ethnicity, height, or STD.
- Create an Album: With a free account, you can upload up to 26 photos. With a gold account, you can create a private album.
- Blogs and Forums: If you have any question, you can raise it in the forum, and someone will answer you. You can also take part in updating the blog.
- Monthly Membership for 1 Month at 29.95 USD / Month
- Quarterly Membership for 3 Months at 19.98 USD / Month
- Biannual Membership for 6 Months at 15.99 USD / Month
Ease of Use
The registration process is straight forward. You will be asked to provide a few personal details including your age, residence, height, email address and the STD you are living with. Next, you will upload a few photos and confirm your email among other steps. To create a free account, the main requirement is that you be living with an STD. Members are urged to be vigilant and report any suspicious accounts.
Although PositiveSingles suggests matches, it also offers numerous ways through which you can find a match. You can search for matches based on height, ethnicity and much more. You can also enter a chatroom and contribute to the chat as you look for a match.
Conversing with your matches is possible through messages or even email. The PositiveSingles platform has an email tab almost the same as your Gmail inbox so you can monitor your official emails there. It is easy to upload photos, up to 26 photos categorised into public and private albums. The site does not allow lewd, nude, offensive, racist, and copyrighted photos. Everyone can view your profile photo.
If you are always on your phone, the web version of PositiveSingles is mobile responsive. Better yet, you can access the platform through an intuitive Android and iOS app. The app incorporates the same simple design of the website with an easy-to-navigate layout.
All the essential features on the website are still on the mobile app. Nevertheless, you will not find health resources and STD care locations or chat with a live counsellor on the app. For these services, you will have to go to the desktop website, which may inconvenience you if you prefer using your mobile handset.
The layout of the website is user-friendly. Most of the functions are available on the homepage, so you do not have to struggle to find a feature. The only feature that is kind of hard getting used to is the forum. Within a few days of using the forum, however, you will learn all its complexities.
PositiveSingles takes the privacy of its members very seriously. Every member who joins the site has to be verified. You will start by validating your email, then continue to confirm your income, photos and many more. By doing so, the site reduces fake accounts which may be created by hackers. Again, you do not have to share all your details. First, be assured of the identity of your match.
Pros and Cons
- An intensive verification process protects the privacy of members.
- PositiveSingles houses more than 1.8 million users making it easier for positive singles to find a date.
- Caters for singles with all forms of STD, unlike other niche dating sites that only cover one STD case.
- Members can access many of the standard features through a free account.
- The minimalist design of the site makes it user-friendly.
- The registration process is lengthy as it requires verification of age, occupation, and other factors.
- The website can use aesthetic uplifting as the homepage looks bland.
The Bottom Line
With more than 60,000 success stories, PositiveSingles has carved a niche as the most popular STD dating site. We are sure that you will feel more comfortable knowing that you do not have to feel ashamed of talking about your health status. Again, you do not have to find it challenging to approach your match and ask them for a date.
Since 2001, PositiveSingles has helped so many people who would otherwise be in turmoil trying to find a date in the traditional dating scene. Whether you need friendship or you need a romantic relationship that leads to marriage, PositiveSingles has you covered.