Zoosk is a dating website that you can access around the world. You can use it to search for various types of relationships. Regardless of if you want a fling or a more serious relationship, it strives to link you up with other singles who have similar needs as yours. Its matchmaker functionality is different from what you can find on other dating platforms.
Zoosk has been offering its dating services to single users for over 12 years, and this goes to show their wealth of experience and consistency. Now, it has users in over 80 countries around the world and is the go-to website for many singles in search of a dating platform. Since it was established, the platform has drawn in more than 40 million singles from all areas of the world.
- Search via religion, height, body type, location, education, and many others.
- See who checked out your profile and who is presently online.
- Save your past searches so that you can find your match with ease.
- Send a smile or like someone at no cost.
- Behavioural Matchmaking technology which works using the behaviour of users alongside a few match questions to point out match suggestions or Smart Picks. The more you browse through the site, the better your Zoosk’s matches will be.
- With the carousel, you can see a single profile picture at a time and either vote yes, no, or maybe.
- The connections tab displays mutual matches.
- Create an auto-reply for all your smiles and likes for no cost.
- Photo Verification service which lets users verify their photos.
- Members can also verify their Facebook accounts, Twitter accounts and phone numbers.
- Zoosk Coins, which users can use to access premium features. You can also use the coins to check if someone read your messages or hide your visibility for 30 minutes while you peruse profiles.
- 1 Month at 42.99 AUD / Month
- 3 Months at 30.00 AUD / Month
- 6 Months at 20.00 AUD / Month
- 50 Coins at 0.16 AUD / Coin
- 250 Coins at 0.12 AUD / Coin
- 750 Coins at 0.11 AUD / Coin
Ease of Use
Zoosk is a platform that is very easy to use. Anyone can get the hang of it and sign up within minutes. You can also use your Facebook profile to sign up as this makes the process even faster. If you want, you can leave your profile midway and browse through the site before heading back to complete it later. However, if you want to get the best results, it is best to complete your profile as users are more likely to notice you if you have a full profile with pictures.
The dating app also allows you to write an auto-greeting for people who may find you interesting. This could be something like, “Hello, how is your day going?” Doing this can help kick-off a conversation as soon as they show interest.
Credibility and personality
Zoosk profiles pay more attention to the personality of a person as opposed to looks. This is made evident with the elaborate sections it provides, which showcases the story, necessary information, ideal date and story of a person. To increase their credibility, Zoosk allows users to verify social media accounts, photos, military service and even phone numbers. All of these make sure that users on the platform are who they say they are.
As regards matching people, Zoosk takes a different route from other dating apps out there. It asks you only five questions and uses your behaviour to determine your dating preferences. The Behavioral Matchmaking system considers the profiles you like and click on and then recommends similar profiles to you.
Subscribing to the platform
If you want to send messages on Zoosk, you will need to subscribe to the dating platform. Only people who subscribe can interact via messages to each other. But if you don’t want to subscribe, you can still earn Zoosk Coins, which give you access to some of the premium features on the website.
After subscribing to Zoosk, it is impossible to cancel your subscription or deactivate your account till you have exceeded the time frame for your subscription. It is possible to cancel your subscription via the account settings, but you will need to complete your existing subscription for this to take effect.
Level of safety
Zoosk does all it can to keep its members safe. However, it also advises members to take precaution when browsing online. The platform can’t monitor all of the interactions that take place on the site each day, so you will need to be cautious.
All users also have the liberty to block or report any user that violates the rules of the platform, sends spammy texts or requests for cash. If you have any problem navigating the platform, there is an efficient customer care team you can reach by email or by phone.
Pros and Cons
- A massive user base consisting of individuals of various backgrounds and ages.
- Registration on the platform is easy and free.
- Ease of access on the mobile app. A great in-app layout which is pleasing to the eyes.
- Live support for users via email and phone. Users can communicate using video or chat.
- Available in 80 countries in 25 languages and ideal for users in search of friends.
- Well-protected against fraudulent individuals. There is a dating safety guide that helps newbies learn about the platform and stay safe.
- Numerous ways to promote your profile and find your ideal match.
- You have to go through profiles one at a time.
- Only paid subscribers can send messages.
- Subscribers can’t end subscriptions before it expires.
- There is a limited number of Smart Pick.
- The Auto-Reply messaging system can make users think they got an actual message as opposed to an auto-generated one.
The Bottom line
It can be challenging to find your ideal match in the real world conveniently. However, Zoosk is a dating platform that simplifies the entire process. The site has a massive user base and is very easy to use. All users are verified and get access to amazing functionalities for communication. Language is not a barrier either as 25 languages are supported to help eradicate this problem.
Availability of the Android and IOS app means you can meet your ideal match anywhere you are. Additionally, the subscription price is fair and provides value considering the benefits you stand to gain. You will truly love the Behavioral Matchmaking system which makes matching easy.
The team behind Zoosk is always bringing groundbreaking ways to satisfy singles and make the whole process of dating fun. Zoosk is therefore ideal for anyone who is in search of a friend, fling or a serious relationship. If you are in search of any of the above, then this online dating platform is undoubtedly your best bet.